Sunday, February 24, 2008

Valentines Day?

Yeah, so not only did Ice hit our area but so did the stomach bug!!! Dominic started with it on Tuesday of last week. Then while we were shopping at the mall on Wednesday for Katelynn's shoes we stopped in the Dollar Store. Katelynn told me she needed to go poop (I know TMI), I asked her if I could check out and then we would find the potty. Well since she has only vomited twice in her life and it has been years since that happened. She did not realize what her body was telling her and she proceeded to vomit in the store. Not fun, but we were able to get home before the next episode and she walked around with a trash can for days, just in case. Finally, Wednesday into Thursday the bug hit me. I have not vomited in easily 10+ years and I did not miss it at all. Not to mention I had to put on the Valentine's Day party at Katelynn's school since I am room mom and planned everything. Dan was scared, but even though he felt horrible he never vomited.
As a result I can honestly say this years Valentine's Day was my 2nd worst Vday in my life. Usually I make a nice meal for everyone and enjoy the evening. This year I had to cook everything Saturday or it would go bad and it was not as elegant as I like but fun was had. Thankfully, we had our Valentine's banquet for church at a great restaurant on the following Sunday. Dan and I were able to get out for an evening and enjoy ourselves as a couple and being healthy again.
I have to share a moment that only parents can truly appreciate. Yes, it may be TMI for some but way too funny not to share. I put the kids to bed for the evening and they were asleep, so I decided to start to prepare for "our" evening. Well I lit all the candles in our bedroom and as I was finishing up our door was cracked and I hear Katelynn and she peaks in to tell me her belly hurt and she had to go potty. Now the candles are always in our room, but she has never seen all 25 of them lit. Her face lights up (no urge to potty anymore!) and she lays on our bed and says "Wow, Mom this is beautiful what it this for?" She was in shock and just kept saying how wonderful it is and that it smelled so pretty. I told her that I like to have them lit sometimes, and then I started busting out laughing. Dan comes up to see what it was all about and we sat there for a period of time while she took it in and we used it as a teachable moment and explained how our Grandmas used to not have electricity and had to live by candlelight. She counted them all as she does everything new and then went to bed.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: