Ok, Katelynn totally knocked us off our feet this past week! The first thing was her bike. Last year she insisted she wanted to ride two wheel, so we took off her training wheels. Then she got freaked and didn't want anything to do with her bike. She kept telling us, when she turned 6 she would learn. Well last week her friend Suscha was riding her bike and she asked Dan for her bike. He proceeded to tell her that her training wheels were not on her bike so she would have to learn to ride two wheel. She looked at him and said, "ok". She came down the street to me and asked me to help her, so I did. After two rides with me holding on to the back seat, the rest is history. It was so neat to see. It reminded me of potty training with Katelynn. I had bought the potty, peeing doll, was gearing up for the week long adventure of water and peeing! Then she comes to me, "Mommy, I want to pee on the potty." Ah, ok. From that point on she was potty trained. When she sets her mind to whatever it is, she does it.
Which brings me to the second incident. One morning this week, I told her to get her sneakers. She brought them to us and I went to tie and she said, "I can do it myself". Dan and I looked at each other and said, "What?" She said, "I learned it yesterday at camp with a counselor." Another thing that comes up once in awhile we worked on it, then she would move on and not ready to do.
I can honestly say as much as it is hard to see your little one grow up, it is nice to think she can tie her shoes by herself, and walks are so much faster. It opens a whole new world to things to do together!

No comments:
Post a Comment