Ok, I think I have caught up on the last 4 months. There are multiple pages, so enjoy! We have been extremely busy. Looking forward to the summertime and trying not to plan as much next year. Dan is busy with work, being a youth leader, coaching the church softball team as well as co-chairing the upcoming golf tournament for Bethany Christian Services. Summer can't come quick enough for him. He is still going to be a director for summer camp, but he says it is a nice change.
I have been back to work since the fall, but I just recently feel like I have a grasp on everything professional and life under the new schedule. I am learning again what it is like to have my weekends again. When I was contractual I would find myself working on the weekends since Dan was home and it took me awhile to stop. I can now enjoy free time catching up on my hobbies. We both are serving on the Board of Directors for Bethany, which is the adoption agency we used. We were honored to be asked to serve for the board, we believe in the great service they provide.
Katelynn is still doing piano, Brownies, Awanas and now Lacrosse. Her top two and bottom two teeth have fallen out in the last year and now all have come in, the dentist told us the other day she has model teeth. I pray that stays, so no braces?! She also decided back in the fall to grow her bangs out, we both are so glad she can finally put them behind her ear. It drove us crazy during the growing out phase. We are enjoying the relationship our two kids have right now. Many times Dan and I sit back thank God for what he has given us in family and knowledge to help them grow in the likeness of Him. Yeah they fight, but it isn't happening as often and they are learning to talk it out on their own.
Dominic is doing awesome going along for the ride and looks forward to his days with Ms Amanda or Ms Emily. He recently moved up the 3/4 class at church so he is adjusting from 2 hrs of playtime, to organized fun! He loves his Wall-e, any cars and puzzles. Now that the weather is nice he loves to go outside with Katelynn and play pirates or lacrosse. Dan recently bought him a stick since he kept trying to steal other kids sticks at Katelynn's games. He loves to sing and dance now. We hear him doing "la, la, mm, mm" or "alleluia". One of the songs I added below is "Lose my soul" EVERYTIME he hears this he says "Here we go" and starts the white boy moves! I need to get on video.
Our church recently did a revival, which I have never seen God move through an entire church the way he did in the months leading up to and during the revival. It gave us, at least personally a new passion for the God we serve. If you want to read more let me know and I can forward an article on the revival.
Hope all of you are doing well. I know I am keeping up with some of you on Facebook, but please feel free to comment on the blog as well. I know I say this all the time, but I really want to make it a priority to keep up with the blog more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment