Oh what fun! We originally made reservations for one house in Corolla (Outer Banks) which was new construction. Then I got a call the Thursday before we leave that our home was not ready! The agent informed me that they would try and find a home for us otherwise she would have to refund our money. All fine and well if only one family involved, but we had 6 families (26 people) involved! My stomach dropped and I started looking as well to try and find something. After a couple of hours of looking and talking the agent, I came across a place in Kill Devil Hills that normally rents for $14,000 for the week. We paid $6,000 for our place. I thought it was a long shot, but I called the agent. She called the other rental to find out and they ACCEPTED no extra $ needed!!! Instead of 4 rows back from the beach we had oceanfront, not 9 bedrooms, but 12 and a theater room to name some differences. The name of the unit was Park Place and it was next to an identical unit, Boardwalk.

1 comment:
I am so glad that things worked out for you and the family. You deserved every corner of that wonderful home.
Post a Comment