Can't believe our little girl is going to Kindergarten. I will say Pre-K definitely prepared us for the first day of school. Katelynn was so excited to start. We went to an orientation on the Friday before where she met Mrs. Lane and learned that three of her friends from Pre-K were in her class. The night before school she came down to say we were talking too loud, which never bothered her before. Once we were done talking I went up and asked her if there was anything she was worried about, she said "What if I get tired". I told her she would be ok since she did a great job at camp this summer. Then she said, "Sometimes there are kids that aren't nice and don't play good". I told her that she doesn't have to play if they they don't play nice. She said "Ok, can you put on High School Musical 2 CD". I said no but that I would put on the CD we used to play for her when she was a little one that Ms Beth gave her. I put it in and she said "Oh I love this". Just a couple minutes later I looked in and she was out cold. That was a relief.
Katelynn and her friend Sasha from Pre-K drawing during the orientation.
First Day of School
Getting on the bus, which she was so excited when she got on and was able to sit with her best friend Aaron from Pre-K. She is ready to go to school now 15-20 before we are due to go to the bus, so she just goes out and plays with her friends from the street. We hope her love continues!

No comments:
Post a Comment