Friday, June 13, 2008

First Grade Here We Come

Yes it is true, our little girl is officially a 1st grader this afternoon :( I love to see her grow, but time is flying by! She went from writing her name to writing stories; us reading to her now reading or trying to read everything in sight alone; holding up her fingers only to tell us she is 5 to now adding and subtracting. Katelynn has been blessed the last two years with great teachers Another reason I thank God for moving to this area!

One of her friends I got a shot of on the last couple days.

Her last time being a bench buddy in kindergarten

I did a quilt again this year for her teacher who absolutely loved it. She said she quilts and has never received one made for her. She did a slide presentation of all the photos she took during the year for us. I made through that barely, then she opened the quilt. When her flood gates opened, so did my and all the other parents. She is leaving our school, I am so glad she was there this year for Katelynn to get her. She is one of those teachers you want your child to have!

You did it!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: